McIntyre Family

McIntyre Family

Tuesday, March 29, 2011

End of March

It's been over 2 weeks now since Sam has been gone. 
The kids and I definately are not sleeping as well as when he is here and Mary has been up a lot at night.  However, I am glad that we have made it through the first 2 weeks and are that much closer to his return.  Mary regularly looks around the house for Sam and asks me where he has gone. I answer that he is flying his airplane and that answer seems to be enough to satisfy her curiousity.  Jonathan, however, knows that he is gone but has been much better about talking to me about his feelings and emotions.  He'll let me know in simple language that he is angry and sad and feels that it isn't fair for his dad to be gone so much.  I know this is all normal and I empathize with him.
Next month my little boy turns 6! I can't believe how fast time has gone.  While he was reading aloud to me from his kindergarten book, I realized just how far he's come academically this year.  My little toddler is now a big boy reading books, adding and subtracting, and riding a scooter with ease down the sidewalk.  I am throwing him a party at the Emerald Coast Science Center in Fort Walton Beach and naturally he wants to do the Pokemon theme.  (I tried to convince him that Legos would be a better theme but I lost that battle).
Mary is extremely opinionated lately and the word "No" seems to have permanently stuck itself in her vocabularly.  It doesn't really matter what the question is. The answer is usually "NO!"  and that's that.  She still loves her preschool at Mary Esther Methodist Church and attends 5 days a week.  She is the youngest in the class but I think it has helped her speech trememdously as she is ahead of her age group for language. 

Glad it is spring! Happy Spring to everyone!

1 comment:

  1. I'm so proud of J learning to read and doing math. It makes me smile when he reads to me, tell him I love him and want to be with him.

    ReplyDelete