McIntyre Family

McIntyre Family

Friday, March 25, 2011

Just another day in the life of...

...a deployed spouse.

Started off the day by losing an earring down the drain. 
Made it to gymnastics this morning with the kids for open gym which went well! I was hoping to go home and put the kids to bed for a nap since they wore themselves out.  Not to be.... Instead, I got my first ER visit checked off the list.  5 hours at the ER! Wheee!! Apparently Friday is Fun Day at the ER because many of the patients had been having too much fun and wound up in the emergency room.  I was proud of Jonathan and Mary for both being composed and keeping themselves busy making funny faces and drawing pictures during the whole ordeal.  Well, most of the time.  Mary had been having stomach pains and severe trouble using the restroom and it was very reminescent of last summer's UTI ordeal.   Mary has urinary reflux and is on antibiotics for the next year to help ward off UTI infections.  She has not yet had one since being on the medicine so I was naturally very concerned when she spiked a fever this afternoon, complained of stomach pain, and refused to potty.  She said it hurt too much.  Fortunately (PRAISE GOD!) a urine sample revealed no bacteria in her urine but she does have a bacterial infection of some sort.  And she is constipated.  And of course Target didn't have Children's Suppositories.  And of course I slipped and fell off the curb on the way to the car and pulled something in my leg that didn't need or want to be pulled. 
And I know it is petty, but I am mad because I don't have any chocolate in the house.
Praying that the kids go to sleep at a reasonable time tonight....

No comments:

Post a Comment