McIntyre Family

McIntyre Family

Sunday, March 20, 2011

Fun Day

I had a great day today. I went with Mary to my friend Shannon's house and we had a jewelry show/party called Lia Sophia. It was a lot of fun and I met some new people. Mary played with Apple, Shannon's daughter and Jonathan stayed here with Keegan, Apple's big brother.  Jonathan thinks Keegan hung the moon. After all, he's a teenage boy who liked Pokemon years ago, so he scores major points in Jonathan's book. Mary enjoyed putting on make-up and playing with barbies. I was just happy to be around adults and lots of bling!
Jonathan is really into Pokemon these days.  I really don't know what triggered this new found obsession but he is definately hooked. The cards and toys are all he wants when he gets a new present.  I wish they weren't so dang expensive.  Of all the toys/hobbies he's enjoyed throughout the years, this one gets on my nerves the most. I actually like Transformers and GI Joe. But Pokemon is pretty obnoxious and I'd rather watch paint dry then have to sit through the Pokemon movie once more.  Alas, the time will come when Pokemon is no longer cool and something else is a must have. 
I got to talk to Sam today on the phone so I pretty much felt like I was floating I was so giddy. Talking to Sam is like savoring a piece of chocolate. You have to just enjoy the moment because it comes and goes so quickly. I never know when he'll call but when he does, everything has to stop and be on hold.  We only have 20 minutes so I make sure to pick up the phone as soon as I hear the familiar ring.  Sam told me today that he is flying once again and staying busy.  I can't imagine what his life is like over there but I certainly admire his tenacity and humble attitude.  As cliche as it might sound, he really is a warrior.  I love him and miss him.  Tomorrow will be the 1 week mark of his departure. *sigh*

1 comment:

  1. Hey! Stopping by to say hi! Your daughter is sooooo cute and I can't WAIT for her to wear my skirts! And your little boy is adorable, too. I need to look into making boy clothes at some point!

    Glad to hear you had a good day and got to talk to your husband. I can't imagine what his life is like over there, either. Reading your blog helps remind me to be grateful of everything our military does for us.

    ReplyDelete