McIntyre Family

McIntyre Family

Tuesday, March 22, 2011

So today ended on an unexpected note -- I watched dolphins swimming in the sound right by our house. We took a walk around the block and stopped at the beach to put our feet in the sand and ended up having a personal Sea World show.  Ah, living in paradise!
Haven't heard from Sam today or yesterday and it always makes me more tense and frustrated. Hearing him, even for a few minutes a day, brings me comfort and needed support.  Taking care of the kids alone and not having family nearby is difficult and quite lonely.  I love it when people take the time to visit and I appreciate people sending packages to Sam and to us.  It makes the kids happy to know that while Daddy is away, others are looking out for them.
This morning I babysat two adorable little boys that attend Jonathan's Montessori school.  Having 4 children with me ages 6,5,3, and 2 was a lot of fun though also a lot like herding cats.  The issue I disliked was having to buckle in and buckle out 4 kids. However, it was fun watching them play together!! The three boys, especially the eldest two, (Jonathan and Grant), really were fearless.  I swear they were playing Survivor: Youth Edition.  They were like spider monkeys on the jungle gym and I got tired just watching them! Oh the joy of being a kid!
Well so far we're making it through spring break.  I didn't work out today so plan to go to the gym tomorrow morning and if the weather is nice, to the beach in the afternoon.  Ending the evening will be karate practice.  Overall a pretty nice day laid out for us. 

No comments:

Post a Comment