McIntyre Family

McIntyre Family

Saturday, March 19, 2011

Saturday

I was able to talk to Sam last night for the first time in several days. He is in country now and will begin flying soon. He said it feels as though nothing has changed from his last visit.  The good news is we should be able to talk at least every other day for 20 minutes.  Hopefully everyday, though I won't hold my breath.  I am proud of him for showing such bravery and courage under the circumstances. He hasn't lost his sense of humor nor his wit despite the many rotations/deployments.

The kids and I are officially on Spring break.  I don't think it should be called break for me because the kids are out of school and therefore there are technically no breaks, and, I am not sure it is even spring yet, is it? Hrm. Who came up with this name anyhow?! Today we're off to the park and the library on base.  The library has an outdoor play area that is filled with nature spots --- butterfly garden, bird bath, weather station, etc., and it keeps them entertained.  Mary loves watching birds. I think I'll take her play binoculars with us to "spot" the different kinds of birds flying around.  

I can't say we have a lot of events planned over the next week.  Probably will head to the local beach at least once since the weather is nice.  Even if the water is cold, the sand is fun in and of itself for kids.  Additionally, we'll probably hit the park a lot and go to open gym at the local gymnastics gymnasium.  Gotta wear these kids out!

Sam would love to receive art magazines.  If you walk into the local Borders/Barnes and Nobles, you can head over to the magazine section and see an array of colorful art magazines.  Sam loves art, and as you might know, was an art major at UNT in Denton.  He is a great painter and will one day get back into the art scene.  In the meantime, he has expressed to me that reading the art magazines is relaxing and enjoyable. The more photographs/pictures in the magazines, the better. So if you'd like to send him a care package, definately consider sending an art magazine or two.  E-mail me for his address.

Well the kiddos are calling my name and wondering where I am.  Time to go and entertain the masses....

No comments:

Post a Comment