McIntyre Family

McIntyre Family

Monday, April 4, 2011

April 4, Monday

Today marks 3 weeks that Sam has been gone.
It feels like much longer than that!!! I double checked the calendar just to be sure!
We just returned from karate a few minutes ago.
 This weekend was pretty uneventful as I was sick with a horrendous head cold and sinus infection.  Being sick is never any fun but being sick with two kiddos and no husband is even less fun! I
felt awful not being able to do much with the little ones but I managed to take them to the
library, grocery store, and park. 
This Friday Jonathan is going to a restaurant with his kindergarten class and then they
are going bowling afterward.  There are only 6 children in his class so the teacher is going
to shuttle them in her minivan.  Jonathan has been earning money for the trip by doing
chores around the house and he is beyond excited to pay his own bill (including a tip!)
It's hard to believe that he is almost finished with the school year.  Only 6 weeks remain and
then it is summer vacation! 
My personal achievements:  losing 5 lbs and continuing with my workout routine. I workout
5-6 days a week either running or attending the gym for weights and/or the stairclimber.  Also, I
have really been working on how I discipline the children. I have been trying hard to not
raise my voice but to talk softly and firmly and stay calm.   I do not spank the kids but I
do put them in time out or take away a toy.  Jonathan responds most to having a toy put
in time out.  Mary has become more defiant since Sam departed and has been testing my
limits pretty much on a daily basis.  I guess the terrible two's are kicking in!
Today is my sister's birthday. Happy Birthday to Bethany who is 33 today! She is a wonderful
sister and friend and I am lucky to have her in my life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment