McIntyre Family

McIntyre Family

Saturday, October 30, 2010

Saturday

Today we had a soccer game. Jonathan scored 2 goals and did so very well. He was so aggressive. The other team didn't stand a chance. It was interesting to see how well our team did this time around. We had played this other team one time before and lost but this time the kids really showed so much improvement.  Jonathan hustled despite having his ankle stepped on and a welt on his leg from stopping the ball. This was definately not pee wee soccer. The kids were running fast and furious and trying their best.  Jonathan made me proud. He worked hard and did his best and I see the work he has been doing at practice is paying off.

Jonathan is reading well and is already on the 10th book of the set since starting in September.  He really enjoys being able to read words now while we're out and about, whether at the gas station or the CVS.  (Anyone know what that stands for, by the way?)

Tonight is trick or treat on base.  I am going to walk around with Dr. Mary and Commando Jonathan and hopefully sneak some candy for myself!

Sam will have been gone 2 weeks on Monday.  Is that all?!

3 comments:

  1. Your blog looks great!! I need to get back into mine. It's been way too long since I've posted anything...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Because him and E DOMINATE THE PITCH BABY! Wish they were playing together, they would be quite the force! Glad he is ok, soccer is way tougher than football, I don't care what the football moms say!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Reading blogs makes me feel nosey -- but anyway, I am reading yours so hope it is ok! ; ). You are doing a great job mama - I will be praying for you as your hubby is away. And BTW, I would love to know what CVS stands for...???

    ReplyDelete