McIntyre Family

McIntyre Family

Thursday, October 14, 2010

Zumba

I actually tried out the exercise class known as Zumba. I can't believe I actually did it! My friend Shannon talked me into it and once I agreed, I couldn't back out.  After experiencing a flooded toilet upon waking, I decided that I'd try and take the class seriously -- breaking a sweat is such a great stress reliever.  So upon my arrival to the gym, I was not sure what to expect.  The class was full of other uncoordinated women, to my relief.  Everyone had the dazed and confused look as the music blared Latin/Salsa music for our exercising pleasure.  I have never gyrated my hips as much as I did in that class. The teacher was obviously from another gene pool as she spun, jumped, danced, and bended uncontrollably. By the way, I think she thought we could all do it too. Ha.  Anyhow, the class was an hour of dancing, mainly salsa and what I like to call booty shaking.  I felt so idiotic shaking my rump but I did it as best I could.  The teacher told us to spin around while moving our shoulders back and forth as rapidly as possible.  I wanted to raise my hand and ask her if she was serious, but I didn't have time -- the class was so quick that I didn't have time to say anything. I did what the instructor told me to do, albeit with an aching back and sweaty brow.
Next week, we're trying Yoga, and I am pretty excited about contorting my body in weird ways.  Can't be any weirder than the experience I had today. 

2 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for doing both classes with me! I'm excited at the possibility of a new workout buddy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish you could have gone with me in Atlanta, I LOVED it once I got the beat of the class, took a few to get there. SO worth it though because it sheds pounds and it is fun! Now yoga, that is where I SHINE! I would KILL to be able to go to classes with you! NOTHING makes me feel better and tone and confident.

    ReplyDelete