McIntyre Family

McIntyre Family

Monday, October 18, 2010

Sam is gone .....

Sam departed this morning for yet another deployment.   I am truly sad to see him go and yet so proud at the same time.  Sam is headed to Afghanistan until late December.  (Or perhaps early January?!)  This deployment schedule is actually more grueling than we anticipated. Although the deployments are only 65 days a piece, he is home for the same amount of time in between each cycle.  During his time home, he works on his master's degree and juggles his office job at the squadron while staying current on his flying hours.  We also have to deal with the occasional trips (TDY) that they send him on around the country.  Sometimes I really do feel like a single mom.  I fantasize about the day when he works a more normal job that allows him to be home.  I love him so much and miss him already.  I held myself together quite well when we dropped him off at the airport today.  Only one tear was shed since both children were present.  I was careful to keep my true emotions locked away so that they saw their mommy handling the situation with poise.  

1 comment:

  1. You are such a wonderfully strong and always poised women. They children are blessed to have that influence surround them with things are crazy. Funny at 65 days can fly or slug by.

    ReplyDelete