McIntyre Family

McIntyre Family

Sunday, April 17, 2011

Goals and Birthday Presents

Goals:
I have lost 10 lbs since Sam left.  I had been exercising regularly and continue to do so 5-6 days a week since January 1.  However, I hadn't been counting calories or writing down my food consumption.  While I felt fit, I also felt fat.  Writing down what I eat, paying attention to labels, and doing my best to cut down on sugar has been the best for me for losing the weight. My goal is to lose another 8-10 lbs before Sam comes home in 5 weeks.  I think I can do it if I continue to track my food intake and workout using cardio and weights.  I want to fit in my clothes better and not be the person who always hides from the camera. I am sick of feeling fat and ugly.  I can and will continue to lose weight until I can feel good about myself and not hide from wearing a swimsuit.
I also want to drink more water. Not just for weight loss but just for general wellness. I drink too many diet cokes each day and I'd like to replace them with water as often as possible. It will save money, too!

Birthday Presents:
Jonathan has a birthday right around the corner so I have been asking him what he wants for the big 6! List of what he wants:  crocs, legos, bakugan, pokemon, and a cat.  Yes, a cat.  I already purchased a pair of crocs and my parents got him some legos.  I am sure I can arrange for him to get a bakugan and more pokemon cards for his party too.  The cat though is trickier. I would just love to get a cat.  I grew up with a cat and I love animals. Cats use a litter box and do not mind if come and go throughout the day.  Jonathan however does not realize that cats do require brushing, feeding, love, and attention. I took him and Mary to the cat shelter yesterday for an hour.  Mary fell in love with a cat named Felix. (We would have taken him home then and there if he wasn't spoken for!) She held him like a stuffed animal for 30 minutes straight and he fell asleep in her arms. It was adorable. Jonathan however wasn't as excited. He did really like a black cat that gave him attention and showed him his playful side. However, the cat (accidentally) scratched Jonathan hard enough to draw blood and Jonathan took it very personally. He thought the cat disliked him!  Plus, he really treated the "wound" like a major gash rather than a minor scratch.  I told him we could get a cat eventually if he could accept that cats scratch sometimes and that they don't always want to be held or cuddled. He said he'd think about it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment